SafetyCulture has been selected as one of the finalists in this year’s Queensland Safe Work Awards for the innovative iAuditor development in the category Best Solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue.
iAuditor which is a free mobile application enabling safety audits, inspections and checklists was released in February 2012. SafetyCulture developed the iAuditor to encourage collaboration and information sharing across industries. This was achieved through cloud access which allows users to share templates, examples of best practices and other ideas.
iAuditor is now used more than 12,000 times and downloaded by more than 1200 people. It is now one of the most downloaded business mobile applications and is used around 3000 times a day across the world.
The Queensland Safe Work Awards received ninety-six entries from businesses and individuals across the state. The innovation and leadership of these finalists help to make Queensland workplaces amongst the safest and healthiest in the world.
Below is the complete list of finalists:
Category 1 – Best workplace health and safety management system
- Capral Limited, Bundamba
- Caxton Legal Centre, Inc., South Brisbane
- Hatch Associate Pty. Ltd., Brisbane
- Origin Alliance, Redbank
- Transit Australia Group, Robina
Category 2 – Best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue
- Iplex Pipelines, Strathpine
- Orica Mining Services, Cannon Hill
- Queensland Nickel, Yabulu
- SaferGate Group Pty Ltd., Brisbane
- SafetyCulture, Garbutt
- Xstrata Coal, Glenden
Category 3 – Best Workplace health and safety practise in a small business
- SafeBridge Australia Pty Ltd, Eagle Farm
- Zemek Engineering Pty Ltd, Mackay
Category 4 – Best individual contribution to workplace health and safety
- Paul Gear, Gold Coast Water
- Rod Hutton, Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service
Category 5 – Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
- Queensland Rail National, Central Queensland Coal Network
Category 6 – Zero Harm at Work Leadership Program Award
The winner of the Zero Harm at Work Leadership Program will be announced at the awards ceremony.
Winners will be announced at the Safe Work Awards ceremony in Brisbane on 23 October 2012.