WA has recently released an Issues Paper that highlights the distinctions between the new national WHS Regulations and the current OHS regulations that are currently followed in WA.
The WA WorkSafe Commissioner stated that the affects of the new laws will be felt by workplaces differently and that he feels it important that there is an opportunity for people to give input so that the overall impact of the new laws can be gauged for all WA workplaces.
There will also be public forums held around the state in regional areas as well as Perth. The Regional dates are:
- Port Hedland Tuesday, 4 September 2012
- Broome Wednesday, 5 September 2012
- Geraldton Friday, 7 September 2012
- Albany Wednesday, 12 September 2012
- Bunbury Friday, 14 September 2012
- Kalgoorlie Tuesday, 18 September 2012
To read the paper, get more information and to be a part of the consultation process check out the details here.